CALL FOR CVS
Terre des hommes is seeking expression of interest from qualified and committed individuals:
Name of the position: A2J Project Officer
Contract Type: National, Short-term Definite Type Contract
Starting Date: ASAP
Activity rate: 100% (full time)
Deadline Applications: 24/10/2021
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 60 years; defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 40 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
In Greece, Tdh has been working through partners since 2006 and has directly provided integrated child protection and youth services (case management, shelter, MHPSS, education and life-skills, etc.) since March 2016. The overall goal of Tdh’s continued interventions in Greece is to improve the protective environment for at risk children and youth and enhance their resilience.
General Position Description:
The A2J Project Officer will be working in the Tdh Hellas Access to Justice (A2J) projects specifically on a new research project aiming to assess the child friendliness of the Greek justice system. Overall, the access to justice projects of Tdh Hellas aim to improve the Greek justice system, to strengthen protection systems for children in contact with the law and to sync all relevant actors that currently work in silos thus rendering the justice system friendly and inclusive for all groups of children.
Working under the direct supervision of the A2J Project Coordinator, the A2J Project Officer will be responsible for the overall implementation of projects on child friendly justice. He/she will ensure the implementation of all project activities as set out in project documentation and the delivery of project results and outputs on-time and within scope.
Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator, the project officer will:
▪ Take lead role for the planning, implementation and monitoring of all project activities (research, trainings, workshops, policies & procedures establishment, conferences/roundtables, webinars & e-courses, etc) and delivery of outputs and results while ensuring donor and Tdh Hellas compliance guidelines are met.
▪ Work closely with Access to Justice and child protection technical staff to ensure project activities are in line with international and Greek law, standards and principles.
▪ Ensure timely, quality and accurate provision of reporting inputs for internal and external reporting on a regular basis.
▪ Ensure proper design of M&E tools, continuous tracking and evaluation of project’s performance in line with the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (M&E).
▪ Design, review and update relevant project tools, such as schedules, workplans, forms, databases and trackers when required.
▪ Make recommendations to adjust workplan and activities as required.
▪ Complete necessary logistics procedures (E.g. Procurement Plans, Purchase Requests, Stock Releases, etc.) and collaborate with the logistics department to ensure timely delivery of project goods and services.
▪ Instigate and ensure timely preparation and adequate communication and liaison with all partners and stakeholders involved, including donors, authorities and civil society.
▪ Maintain regular contacts and good working relationships between Tdh Hellas, project stakeholders, representatives of other organizations (state of NGOs/INGOs actors), relevant
child protection networks and direct project beneficiaries, strengthening the project networking.
▪ Support with needs assessments and keep the Project Coordinator informed of emerging needs on the ground.
▪ Contribute to and participate in needs assessment, strategic planning, project design, in line with child protection policies and strategies.
▪ Liaise with Communication & Advocacy department to ensure visibility of project activities in compliance with donor guidelines
▪ Travelling might be required.
▪ Perform other duties as required within the framework of the project.
▪ University degree from an accredited educational institute in relevant field (development studies, law, project management, child rights, etc).
▪ Master’s degree will be an advantage.
▪ A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
▪ A minimum of 2 years of experience in similar position in the field or with an NGO desirably.
▪ Experience in project implementation, administration and organisation of project activities
▪ Experience in conducting research and/or assessments in the field of justice and/or child protection
▪ Previous experience in implementation of access to justice and child protection programmes will be a strong asset
▪ Understanding of and strong interest in the Greek judicial system and access to justice for children and Child Protection
▪ Knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work will be an asset.
▪ Full proficiency in written and spoken Greek and English is mandatory.
▪ Fully conversant with usual IT tools.
Terre des hommes provides equal work conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code A2JPO_102021 for at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tdh will only consider complete online applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and the interview will be conducted in Greek/English.
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.