CALL FOR CVS
Terre des hommes is seeking expression of interest from qualified and committed individuals:
|Name of the position: Cultural Mediator (YouCreate project)||Locations: North Region (Thessaloniki and Thessaly)|
|Contract Type: National, Short-term Definite Type Contract||Starting Date: November 2021|
|Activity rate: 50% (part time)||Deadline Applications: 25/10/2021|
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 60 years; defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation. In over 40 countries, Tdh protects children against exploitation and violence, improves children’s and their mother’s health and provides emergency psychological and material support in humanitarian crises.
In Greece, Tdh has been working through partners since 2006 and has directly provided integrated child protection and youth services (case management, shelter, MHPSS, education and life-skills, etc.) since March 2016. The overall goal of Tdh’s continued interventions in Greece is to improve the protective environment for at risk children and youth and enhance their resilience.
General Position Description:
The YouCreate Cultural Mediator contributes to the effective implementation of the YouCreate Project: A project which supports the inclusion and integration of vulnerable children and youths (refugees and asylum seekers at risk of social exclusion). The YouCreate methodology aims to build youngsters wellbeing through 5 key pillars: Feeling safe, Feeling connected, Feeling worthy, Feeling respected, Feeling hopeful.
The YouCreate Cultural Mediator is responsible for ensuring activities are implemented in line with the project methodology and selects, trains and supervises volunteers involved in the YouCreate Project.
The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of child protection and child safeguarding with a practical background in implementing youth-led interventions and psychosocial activities. S/he should also have the skills to train others in psychosocial activities and methodologies and create an environment where all participants feel safe and respected.
1. Support the YouCreate Officer to develop and deliver the call for volunteers (Adult Allies and Youth Leaders) to participate in the project activities.
2. Support in the selection, training, and supervision of volunteers to participate in the project activities
3. Ensure volunteers have a clear understanding of the project, their designated roles, and Tdh Child Protection (CP) mandate
4. Contribute to a positive working environment and good team dynamics
5. Evaluate volunteers under direct responsibility on a regular basis and provide them with feedback.
1. Ensure that the YouCreate activities are appropriately implemented in accordance with the developed youth-led arts-based methodology.
2. Support children and youth to implement their arts-based projects, in accordance with the project methodology and in line with projects’ budgets.
3. Provide guidance and support in developing the project implementation timeline for each group of youth in cooperation with the Youth Leaders and Adult Allies.
4. Provide feedback on the YouCreate methodology for improved support to participants and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision in cooperation with the M&E department.
5. Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the project and communicate these to the project officer
6. Support efforts to revise the YouCreate methodology and recommend modifications to fit the implementation context.
7. In consultation with the project officer provide technical guidance to volunteers during the project implementation whenever needed.
8. Ensure locations to implement YouCreate activities are secured
9. Build strong relationships and communicate with the migrant communities about the YouCreate project and ensures buy-in and understanding of its goals.
10. Contributes to the dissemination of visibility and other YouCreate materials, to communication campaigns and supports with the translation of materials
11. Delivers interpretation services within the scope of YouCreate
1. Fully comply with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically report any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
2. Respect Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
3. Commit to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
4. Adhere to Tdh Finance, Procurement and Transport procedures, and Staff Regulations.
5. Commit to observe discretion on any information related to the organization functioning and related issues
6. Ensure appropriate information management protocols are followed, particularly in terms of data confidentiality
7. Support management to identify security risks related to project implementation.
1. Other relevant tasks as assigned by supervisor.
§ Excellent oral and written skills in one following languages: Arabic (and French) or Kurmanji.
§ Diploma in languages, translation/interpretation, social work or any other relevant professional diploma will be considered as an asset
§ 1-2 years working experience and at least 1-year experience working with vulnerable youth aged 15-24 in the capacity of facilitator, educator, trainer or similar,
§ Background in child protection and youth work in the refugee context would be an advantage
§ Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
§ Excellent oral and written skills in Greek or English
§ Ability to work in an inter-cultural environment.
§ Fully conversant with usual IT tools
§ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Terre des hommes provides equal work conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English with reference code YouCreate_CM102021 at: email@example.com
Tdh will only consider complete online applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and the interview will be conducted in Greek/English.
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.