CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Reference Number : GRCFA21–442
Position Title : Field Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Duty Station : Athens, Greece
Type of Appointment : Special Short–Term Ungraded Contract
Closing Date : 14 December 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter–governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non–governmental partners. The International
Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well–being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Officer and the direct supervision and guidance of the
Senior Supply Chain Management Assistant, the successful candidate will provide support on procurement
functions for the Mission. The selected candidate will be primarily based in Elaionas site and will be
expected to travel to Schisto and Elefsina sites to cover ad hoc project needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist with procurement activities in the Mission, including obtaining quotations, service agreements and confirming delivery of goods/services, in accordance with IOM procurement policies and procedures.
2. Comply with proper IOM administrative procedures and standards upon following up, canvassing,
bidding and ordering. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first–tier candidates.
3. Address urgent needs in the accommodation facility, through conducting market research and making small purchases.
4. Collect and provide all necessary information related to the purchase requisitions; follow up with relevant staff, as needed.
5. Assist to coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and check that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the Purchase Order (PO)/Service Agreement (SA); ensure timely delivery of purchased goods/services.
6. Work closely with Procurement and Logistics department to inform colleagues and coordinate upcoming deliveries etc.
7. Provide general clerical assistance in procurement activities in the Mission.
8. Assist with the evaluation of vendor ́s performance, and check reliability, quality and price of goods/services provided, monitor delivery of goods/services against the concluded PO/Contracts and ensure all is completed according to IOM’s best interests.
9. Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the Finance department concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
10. Draft monthly statements and reports on funds utilized via cash and/or prepaid cards disbursement.
11. Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filling system is in place, for proper record keeping of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc.
12. Report regularly and bring to the attention of Procurement Officer and the Senior Supply Chain Management Assistant any actual or potential issues that might affect operations; provide recommendations on possible ways to resolve those issues.
Warehousing & Distribution of Non–Food Items (NFIs):
13. Assist with management and distributions of items/goods, NFIs and fixed assets.
14. Prepare transfer and handover of documents; maintain site inventory.
15. Comply with proper IOM administrative procedures and standards for stock keeping.
16. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant work experience.
Experience and Skills
• Progressive experience in a similar function;
• Experience working in international organizations, non–government or government institutions/organization in a multi–cultural setting is an advantage;
• Strong knowledge of the local laws and regulations related to procurement;
• Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise correspondence (in English);
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to keep deadlines;
• Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including extensive use of Microsoft;
• Excel Word and comfort with learning new software;
• Knowledge of and experience using SAP (PRISM FI) will be considered as a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English and Greek (written and oral) is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day–to–day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service–oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Greece
will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM.
Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional
licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID–19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise
engaged by IOM on or after 15 November 2021. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty
clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter, CV and a completed Personal History Form in English by email to: GRHRAPPLY@iom.int , specifying the vacancy reference number GRCFA21–442 and full name in the subject line.
Please click this link to access the Personal History Form (four pages)
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Greece Human Resources will not be able to respond to
all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
From 07 December 2021 to 14 December 2021