Call for Expression of Interest
3-month consultancy (renewable based on results)
- The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
- The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 8,000 employees and also 8,000 volunteers, while managing a turnover of over 400 million Euro. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization. The Danish Refugee Council is Denmark’s largest humanitarian NGO and has been ranked the 3rd best NGO in the world in 2018 (for the six consecutive years, the organization is among the top five of the NGO Advisor Annual List).
- Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
- The Danish Refugee Council initiated its activities in the island of Lesvos in November 2015 due to the unprecedented influx of asylum seekers. Following new political developments and displacement dynamics in early 2016, DRC expanded its activities to the mainland to support the people living in several sites across the country. With offices in Athens, Larissa and Thessaloniki, it currently implements a wide range of activities, including Site Management Support, legal assistance, identification of individual needs and protection of highly vulnerable persons, access to services within and outside the hosting sites through cultural mediation, and non-formal education. DRC works closely with the refugee communities, the Greek authorities and other humanitarian actors to ensure a protective environment for refugees and asylum seekers in Greece.
Objective of Consultancy
- The Fundraising Consultant will contribute to the fund diversification and fundraising strategy of DRC Greece, including through the development of high-quality project proposals in line with DRC’s global and in-country programme strategy.
- Lead on a comprehensive donor scoping exercise that will explore opportunities for EU and Greece-based funding from individual, institutional and non-traditional sources.
- Collaborate with the consulting firm tasked to conduct a business intelligence/ corporate fundraising survey.
- In cooperation with the Programme team, develop accurate and appealing concept notes/proposals (including drafting and finalizing content, developing initial logframes/results frameworks, responding to feedback, undertaking final editing and proofreading).
- The Consultant will share on a weekly/bi-weekly basis the progress of activities under this contract to certify that the tasks have been satisfactorily performed.
- List of prospective funders, together with submission calendar/timeline and Action Plan presenting opportunities and methods for engagement with specific donors (individual, traditional and non-traditional/emerging).
- A minimum of ten (10) concept notes/proposals will be developed and finalized for submission to potential donors per 3 months of work.
- Bachelor’s degree required with master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in fundraising, program design and proposal writing.
- Proven track record of successful proposals.
- Experience with INGO is an advantage.
- Knowledge of key donor (UN, EU, etc.) regulations, procedures, and requirements.
- Knowledge of DRC’s core sectors (Protection, SMS/CCCM, Education) will be considered an asset.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills an absolute must.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to determine priorities and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Computer proficiency with high level of knowledge of commonly used packages, like MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability/willingness to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Greek is an advantage.
- The Consultant should be tax registered as a legal entity in the relevant Country
Required Skills and Qualities
Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple tasks.
- Ability to contribute individually to greater goal.
- Ability to be proactive and work systematically.
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change.
- Ability to cope with high workload and under pressure.
- Strong business ethics.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
Documents for submission
- Cover letter,
- Curriculum Vitae
- A list of past proposals (thematic area, donor, value and outcome/scoring).
- Minimum of two 2 recommendation/ attestation letters from prior collaborating organisations.
- Working proposal (not exceeding five pages), demonstrating a clear understanding of the work to be performed, an outline of the methodological approach and an estimated timeline, including proposed duration, major tasks and milestones. The timeline will be discussed and finalized in cooperation with DRC.
- Financial offer for three-month services.
The Invitation to Bid documents can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org using RFQ-GRC-ATH5-2112037 as email subject, with your CV & Motivation letter attached. Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications by January 14th, 2022 at 12:00 pm Greece Local Time