DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified and enthusiastic professional to work in Thessaloniki (roving among Lagadikia, Alexandria, Veria sites) as Community Engagement Assistant. Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Officer, the Community Engagement Assistant will support the implementation in various community-based activities in the Open Accommodation Sites.
About the job
Community Engagement Assistant responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Support in the implementation of community engagement activities and community meetings.
- Facilitation of Info Sessions and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs).
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the activities such as preparing list of participants, researching for items needed, preparing relevant documentation and any other related task.
- Identify community focal points and communicate accordingly with other field teams with the purpose of connecting communities with DRC program units.
- Support in the dissemination of information to the communities through different and appropriate mechanisms and tools.
- Organize and implement awareness raising sessions and information campaigns for activities for the communities.
- Participate in (joint) assessments, collect feedback on community needs, report in a proactive manner and coordinate with other DRC teams and programs to adequately address gaps in service provision.
- In coordination with protection teams provide appropriate and relevant information to beneficiaries on services and activities available to them.
- Monitoring of activities and services’ provision in the Open Accommodation Sites in DRC’s AoR, to identify existing or potential gaps in service provision and report in a coordinated manner to the DRC teams for follow-up.
- In case of identification of beneficiaries with specific needs or/and vulnerabilities facilitate linkages with protection actors or refer to the DRC protection team in a safe and dignified manner (confidentiality, consent etc) and provide accompaniment as necessary
- Ensure active coordination and collaboration with the other DRC teams and support activities that aim to reduce protection risks, increase capacities and support self reliance (ex. Skills building and employability)
- Promote an age – gender – diversity participatory approach in service delivery, and activity implementation.
- Develop and maintain extensive contacts with the relevant local authorities, as well as good working relations with other humanitarian actors.
- Provide inputs for internal and donor reporting, as necessary.
- Ensure prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse measures are put in place. Report any incidents following official mechanisms and channels in coordination with supervisor and protection staff if needed.
- Any other related tasks assigned by the Safe Spaces Team Leader and/or the Field Protection Manager relevant to the achievement of DRC objectives.
- Fluency in French or Farsi language is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field is required
- Working knowledge of English language is required
- Ability in writing reports in English language is required
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office is required
- Working knowledge of Greek would be an advantage
- University degree in a related technical field would be an advantage
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs would be a strong advantage
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Designation of Duty Station: Central Macedonia-North Greece (Thessaloniki Sub-Office)
- Position available conditional upon funding
- Band: I
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on-line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 07.06.2022
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo