Does empowering people to claim their rights sound challenging to you? Do you think you can make a difference in the lives of the most marginalized people?
ActionAid Hellas (AAH) is searching for a Volunteering Manager to join a global movement of committed individuals, working to further human rights and defeat poverty.
We are an independent, international organization that has been working since 1972 with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
The Volunteering Manager will:
- Overview of the implementation of the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative and other EU programmes related to international volunteering and ensure the smooth operation of activities
- Monitor all KPI’s of EU Aid Volunteers team on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly basis and provide reports to ActionAid Hellas (AAH) and ActionAid International (AAI), including budget re-forecasts, according to performance
- Ensure active citizenship and volunteerism is promoted within and outside the organisation and strengthen volunteerism as a culture and conscience
- Evaluate and manage relationship building with other NGO’s who are also working with volunteers to enhance the concept of volunteerism
- Ensure all proper actions are in place in order to increase AAH awareness on volunteers’ management
We are currently recruiting a dynamic professional with an academic degree in social, political studies, international relations, or other related field and at least five (5) years of working experience in a relevant position to manage EU Aid Volunteers team and Volunteer Programme Coordinator and provide guidelines to achieve optimum results. We are looking for candidates with excellent project management, communication (Greek and English) and interpersonal skills, along with attention to detail and ability to monitor planning activities and budgets under strict deadlines.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, along with a friendly work environment. We provide personal development opportunities, as well as opportunities to have a real impact on our societies. We embrace creativity and diversity. We operate as an equal opportunities employer, welcoming all applications regardless of gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or beliefs, etc.
Note: The position is a maternity cover, the duration is 12 months
Applications deadline: 3rd of July 2022. Applications not accompanied by a motivation letter will be excluded from the selection process.
By applying for this position, I understand that AA Hellas requires its employees to refrain from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse against everyone we come in contact with through our work, including abusive behavior against children.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date. Should you not hear from us during this time, do not be disappointed. Keep on following us on facebook and twitter to find a job opening that matches your profile. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).