Application due: 8/19/2022
Contract type: National contract
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading nonprofit, independent, rightsbased refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and
empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Grants Management Coordinator.
About the job
Under the direct line management of the Head of Programme (HoP), and in close coordination with programme technical coordinators and senior managers, the Grants Management Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a smooth grant cycle from grant application stage to closure. In particular, they are responsible for ensuring compliance with donor and internal DRC rules and regulations at all stages of the process, ensuring submission of timely and quality reports to donors; coordinating with relevant departments and staff to address issues when identified and ensuring the development of high-quality funding proposals. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Co-lead DRC Greece’s Partnership and Fundraising task force and support the development, regular review and adjustment of the respective strategies.
• Conduct regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities in line with the country programme strategy.
• Support the HoP to plan and coordinate the development of high-quality project proposals, including log frames, budgets, narratives, work plans, staffing lists, and other required annexes.
• Draft, review and provide support in the negotiation of grant and sub-grant agreements, partnership agreements and MoUs.
• Coordinate, edit and provide feedback to ensure the development and timely submission of high-quality narrative and statistical reports and response to donor feedback.
• Provide regular support and guidance to colleagues regarding general grants management and both donor and government rules and regulations, as well as DRC policies, procedures and principles
To be successful in this role we expect from you the following:
• University degree in International Relations, Management, Human Rights, Social Science or related field.
• 5+ years professional work experience in grant management, donor relations, institutional funding or a related field in the humanitarian, development or not-for-profit sector.
• Experience coordinating and writing proposals and knowledge of the donor landscape in Greece.
• Excellent writing, analytical and strategic skills.
• Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of displacement issues and the local context in Greece is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and other stakeholders.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
• Fixed Term Contract under Greek Labor Law (national contract)
• The position will be based in Athens, Greece
• All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
• DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Are you interested? Then apply for this position online: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/currentvacancies
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 19/08/2022
The screening process for this position is on rolling basis, so early submission of applications is encouraged. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy once a suitable candidate is identified.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries.
We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!