We invite you to the 4th expert Workshop “Voices in Transit: Human Stories from Migration Routes to Europe” to be held in Athens 23-24/11 2023 . It is co organized by the HumMingBird project, ΕΚΚΕ (project ‘s partner EKKE Repository/SoDaNet) and the Hellenic Sociological Society.
The Workshop is going to be held on the 23-24 /11/2023 at Harakopeio University of Athens.
We welcome contributions based on qualitative empirical work from researchers, scholars, legal practitioners, policymakers, civil society organisations, and anyone interested in understanding and contributing to the narratives of migration to Europe.
Topics of Interest include, but are not limited to:
- personal narratives of migration: stories of resilience, survival, and hope;
- migration aspirations and decision-making from the perspectives of migrants;
- migration journeys as lived experiences;
- migration hubs and gates in, to and from Europe;
- the lived realities of migrant-smuggler dynamics;
- roles of volunteers, police, practitioners, and other stakeholders in the journey of migrants;
- the role of networks in assisting migrants’ journeys;
- the influence of individual narratives on migration policies and practices;
- ethical and practical challenges of research with refugees and irregular migrants.
- Abstract submission deadline: 05/10/2023
- Notification of acceptance: 15/10/2023
- Submission guidelines: abstracts should be no more than 300 words and provide a clear overview of the proposed paper’s aim, methodology, and findings. Papers can be submitted via EasyChair online submission system. All papers must be original and not concurrently submitted to another journal or conference.
For further information, please visit our website or contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your contributions and thank you in advance for your interest in our workshop. More https://hummingbirdh2020.eu/news/event-items/HBMworkshop23112023