The European Commission, UNECE, the University of the Basque Country, the Oxford Institute of Population Ageing, with the support of the Government of Biscay (Spain), are organising a Second International Seminar on the Active Ageing Index (AAI) in Bilbao in September 2018 (27–28 September 2018).
The seminar aims to bring together
- civil society representatives,
- other stakeholders.
It will provide a multidisciplinary forum for those interested in the use of AAI to enhance the knowledge about ageing and older people and lead to the development of better policies.
Call for papers
To feed the seminar debate, the organisations above are launching a call for papers.
The topics of interest include the following:
- Comparing AAI results in two or more countries or subnational regions / local territorial entities and identifying explanatory factors within the context of policy differences.
- Analysing AAI results for different population groups according to determinants such as education level, income, residence area (urban/rural) etc. or their combination, identifying reasons behind existing inequalities and making recommendations for better outcomes.
- Evaluating AAI as an evidence-based monitoring and advisory tool for policymaking at national and subnational levels, using actual examples of AAI application.
The list of topics is not exhaustive, however, AAI should be the focus of submitted abstracts and papers for them to be considered.
You can find more details about the call and the seminar at the Active Ageing Index webpage.
- City: Bilbao (Spain)
- Address: Bizkaia Aretoa, Abandoibarra Etorb., 3
- Conference website